Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quotes About Writing ~ Get Inspired


It is good to have an end to journey towards but it is the journey that matters in the end. ~ Ursula K. LeGuin

Suit the action to the word, the word to the action. ~ William Shakespeare

How do I know what I think until I see what I say? ~ E. M. Forster

Substitute damn every time you're inclined to write very; your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be. ~Mark Twain

Sometimes you have to go on when you don't feel like it and sometimes you're doing good work when it feels like all you're managing is to shovel sh3T from a sitting position. ~ Stephen King

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you. ~Ray Bradbury

one of my favs: Easy reading is damn hard writing. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

When something can be read without effort, great effort has gone into its writing. ~Enrique Jardiel Poncela

I do not like to write - I like to have written. ~Gloria Steinem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great quotes! I love the Twain quote. I expelled "very" from my habits a long time ago, but it's still a good one. I wish there was a trick like that for the other habits I've managed to retain!