It's a new year, time for more movies. Last year I watched about 181 movies. I have a feeling I will surpass that number this year. :)
The first movie of the year is
1. La Americana Documentary -touching
follows an undocumented immigrant's journey from Bolivia to New York City and back, as she struggles to save the life of her ailing daughter. Her unforgettable story is woven into the current immigration crisis in the United States, putting a human face on this timely and controversial issue.
2. Whip It - like/fun
Drew Barrymore makes her directorial debut with this feisty, female-friendly action-comedy. JUNO's Ellen Page stars as Bliss Cavendar, a young woman who longs to break free of her small-town bonds by joining the rough-and-tumble sport of roller derby in nearby Austin, Texas.
3. The Outsiders - heartfelt classic
Set in 1966; Produced and released in 1983. Francis Ford Coppola's stylized teen melodrama is based on the popular novel by S. E. Hinton. In 1960s Tulsa, the "right" and "wrong" sides of the tracks are represented by rival gangs, the upscale Socs and the underprivileged Greasers.
4. The Darwin Awards eh
A Detective obsessed w/the Darwin Awards
5. Extract - funny but unbelieveable
Joel is one step away from selling his flavor extract factory and retiring to easy street when a freak workplace accident sets in motion a series of disasters that put his business and personal life in jeopardy
6. Good Dick - great acting but i didnt like the story; too wierd
7. Bart Got a Room - good story; nice to see FL as setting
8. Inglorious Bastards - great first act but felt character didnt act true to himself
9. It's Complicated - funny; liked
10. Willie & Phil - weird
11. Streetcar Named Desire - volatile characters & great acting
12. Big Bad Big Swim - interesting relationships
12. The MC Why We Do It - great beginning but u lost me at the end w/absurd concepts
13. Avatar - great but hated 3D which added nothing to the story & i wish the story was stronger, more original
14. Sherlock Holmes - great action scenes
15. Gossip - they tried hard, okay story but i just couldnt buy the twist.
16. Baby Doll -Tennesee Williams has the best characters, i wanted a better ending though
17. Meet the Browns - lots of drama needed tension
18. The Hunting Party - good concept but unbelieveable
19. Vatel - boring; bad acting
20. Mad Money - I liked the order in which the story was told.
21. Charlie Bartlett - great acting
a wealthy teenager’s foray into bathroom-stall psychiatry becomes a smart, funny and touching one-man battle against the loneliness, angst and hypocrisy of the modern world.
22. Little White Lies - boring
23. Youth In Revolt - didnt like it; i liked the animations;
based on the novel by C.D. Payne, The journal of Nick Twisp, an 18-year old high school student, who goes on a quest to lose his virginity after his parent's breakup.
24. August - eh, I liked how the music created a feeling of anxiety and the dim lighting made you feel like something bad was going to happen. Joshs acting was great.
25. 2 Days in Paris - funny, 3rd time
26. Daybreakers - wow that was bad
27. Tracy Fragments - I loved that it was different but it was too much. I had to ffwd.
28. Up in the Air - not bad but I cant figure out what made it award winning
29. All About Steve - liked it, funny
Sandra Bullock plays eccentric crossword puzzle constructor Mary Horowitz who, after one short blind date, falls for handsome cable news cameraman Steve. Convinced they are soul mates, Mary follows Steve across the country, encouraged by the self-serving actions of news reporter Hartman Hughes. Along the way, Mary befriends an endearing group of oddballs who embrace her idiosyncrasies