Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Twitter Hashtags for Writers


The life of a writer doesn’t mean a lonely removed existence especially with the explosion of social media. My favorite site happens to be twitter. I love the speed. I love the immediacy of the responses. I love how easy you can start up or join a conversation.


One way to join a conversation is to use hashtags. Twitter hashtags are words preceded by the hash or pound symbol (#) i.e.: #ff #followfriday, #hashtag


Here are a few hashtags I like to use:

#WriteChat
@WritingSpirit aka Julie Isaac is the host and creator of #WriteChat which takes place
Sundays 12-3pm a discussion & tips to unleash your writing genius.

#LitChat
@LitChat created the discussion for book lovers as well as writers.
#litchat is Monday, Wednesday & Friday 4-5pm EST
hosted by @CarolyBurnsBass via @LitChat
Topics & schedule can be found at the blog: http://litchat.net/

#ScriptChat
@scriptchat is moderated by @jeanneveillette for aspiring & seasoned screenwriters chat & learn w no ego and takes place
SUNDAYS 8pm EST & 8pm GMT
Topics & schedules can be found at the blog: http://scriptchat.com/

#Kidlitchat
Takes place on Tuesdays at 9PM EST
Topics & schedules can be found at the blog: http://yalitchat.wordpress.com/schedule/

#SciFiChat
@scifichat Moderated by @DavidRozansky
Next chat is Friday, February 12th from 2-4 pm ET.

Enjoy the conversation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go on most of these. There are also some specialty chats that I haven't participated in yet.

Unknown said...

Hi Medeia, these chats are fun and I gain so much information too. Like learning about scriptchat during writechat. ;)

writtenwyrdd said...

Thanks for sharing these. I hear about these every now and then and now I know when/where.