Monday, March 1, 2010
March Movies ~ I'm already at 52
51. Rasing Victor Vargas (2002) - loved this very sweet coming of age tale. Go see it.
A Lower East Side teen-ager struggles to find some sanity while surrounded by an eccentric grandmother, a crazy new girlfriend, and a longing younger brother.
52. Il y a longtemps que je t'aime(I've Loved You So Long 2008) - Good but sad
A woman struggles to interact with her family and find her place in society after spending fifteen years in prison.
53. Shadow of the Vampire (2000) - not so much
The filming of Nosferatu is hampered by the fact that the star is taking his role far more seriously than what seems humanly possible
54. Diner (1982) - the characters are jerks & the bad acting didnt help
A group of college-age buddies struggle with their imminent passage into adulthood in 1959 Baltimore
55. Bridget Jones Diary (2001) - funy
A British woman is determined to improve herself while she looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary.
56. Mean Girls - if u think cruelty is funny
Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.
57. Sin Nombre (2009)- blown away, great acting, story needed to be told
After murdering his gang's leader, a teenager joins a family of Honduran immigrants making the dangerous journey across Mexico to the United States, avoiding a fellow gang member who has been sent to kill him along the way.
58. Shutter Island (2010)- great acting, interesting story, loved the creepy atmosphere; There's a fine line between being insanity and sanity.
Drama is set in 1954, U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels is investigating the disappearance of a murderess who escaped from a hospital for the criminally insane and is presumed to be hiding on the remote Shutter Island.
59. Rivers Edge (1986) - interesting
A high school slacker kills his girlfriend and shows off her dead body to their friends. However, the friends' reaction is almost as ambiguous and perplexing as the crime itself.
60. Efectos Secundarios (2006) - nice special effects
A comedy about four young adults adrift in Mexico City.
61. The Hurt Locker - great, well written
an elite Army bomb squad unit must come together in a city where everyone is a potential enemy and every object could be a deadly bomb
62. Nora Roberts Tribute starring Britney Murphy eh
A former child star buys her grandmother's house to rescue it from ruin but her hope for serenity is soon eclipsed by haunting dreams of her famous grandmother, who died of a supposed overdose in the house more than 30 years ago.
63. The Art of Travel - eh
High school grad. Conner Layne is about to marry his first love, but when wedding plans fail, he goes solo on his honeymoon to Central America
64. Dear John - eh
A romantic drama about a soldier who falls for a conservative college student while he's home on leave.
65. leaves of grass - could not finish
66. She's Out of My League - made me laugh
An average Joe meets the perfect woman, but his lack of confidence and the influence of his friends and family begin to pick away at the relationship.
67.The Mysteries of Pittsburgh (2008) interesting
Based on Michael Chabon's novel, the film chronicles the defining summer of a recent college graduate who crosses his gangster father and explores love, sexuality, and the enigmas surrounding his life and his city.
68. Leaving Barstow - main character grossed me out but i liked the ending
Growing up in Barstow, CA, high school senior Andrew hopes for a bigger world -- but his devotion to his mother, Sandra, and his awakening attraction to newcomer Jenny, combine to keep him tied to home. Andrew's loyalties become confused and his prior ambitions begin to fade as he realizes he must make the most difficult of all decisions -- choosing between himself and the people he loves.
69. The Namesake (2006) - fantastic, really liked it
American-born Gogol, the son of Indian immigrants, wants to fit in among his fellow New Yorkers, despite his family's unwillingness to let go of their traditional ways
70. Esto Huele Mal (2007) - eh like watching a novela
Based on a real story, ESTO HUELE MAL is about seduction, lie and unfaithfulness. Nothing puts on danger the intimacy and lies life that Ricardo Caicedo lives, as an outstanding business man, until the tragic night in which an explosion happens in the El Nogal social club, where he was supposed to be having a business dinner.
71. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2010) - funny just like the books
Live-action adaptation of Jeff Kinney's illustrated novel about a wise-cracking junior high school student.
72. Closer (2004) - liked, interesting
The relationships of two couples become complicated and deceitful when the man from one couple meets the woman of the other
73. Sunshine eh
A team of astronauts are sent to re-ignite the dying sun 50 years into the future.
76. Dr. Shivago - like