Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife - books 7


The latest book I can check off on my must read list is
The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger.
The story is about a woman in love with a man who has a disorder that causes him to time travel. I like sci fi and found the book to be well written and clear considering the jumps in time and the concept of time travel. The book is supposed to be more romance and less scifi since the time traveling was caused by a mere defective gene. I just could not relate to the female lead character. In the story she was coming of age in the 80's but they all spoke and acted like they were from the 60's. I guess it's just hard to picture someone living their entire life waiting for one particular person. Especially if you're claiming they are a Generation X'r which are known for being negative and remaining single until later in life. So I find the girl waiting around forever part wierd not romantic. But just cause I thought the lead character was wacky doesn't mean it was bad. I say read it, it's a good story.


Just as I finished the book I heard that it's being made into a movie to be released later this year. The film will star one of my favorite actresses Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana. I look forward to watching this film especially because I love romantic movies. Maybe the romance will translate better on the big screen.

No comments: